Using the LM1877 chip can be designed a very simple audio amplifier circuit for small audio applications like portable devices . This audio amplifier circuit capable of delivering 2 Watt per channel continuous into 8Ω loads.
The LM1877 is a monolithic dual power Amplifier designed to deliver 2W/channel continuous into 8 loads. The LM1877 is designed to operate with a low number of external components, and still provide flexibility for use in stereo phonographs, tape recorders and AM-FM stereo receivers, etc. Each power Amplifier is biased from a common internal Regulator to provide high power supply rejection, and output Q point centering. The LM1877 is internally compensated for all gains greater than 10.
LM1877 Chip Features
- −65 dB ripple rejection, output referred
- −65 dB channel separation, output referred
- Wide supply range, 6V–24V
- Very low cross-over distortion
- Low audio band noise
- AC short circuit protected
- Internal thermal shutdown